Camper Code of Conduct
At this time, we will be operating under the following rules. These rules may change as the Ontario or Federal Government amends legislation.
Current Instructions from the Hastings Prince Edwards Public Health Unit Re: Seasonal Camping during the current Stay-At-Home Order.
Multiple residences and moving (the word ‘residence’ will also apply to a seasonal recreational unit for the purposes of this ruling)
- The individual intends to be at the residence for less than 24 hours and is attending for one of the purposes set out in this Order, or
- The individual intends to reside at the residence for at least 14 days.
- With a full season contract those individuals (seasonal campers) can only come to the campground either for
- Less than 24 hours for a reason set out in the Stay-At-Home Order or
- Can come to the campground for at least 14 days or more.
- If they come and stay: They cannot leave the campground for 14 days unless for emergency purposes. You may leave for essential purposes such as buying food, gas, drugstore needs, etc. and are asked to shop in our local area to avoid zone crossing.
- If they leave the campground to go back to their principal residence after 14 days or more, they must then stay at their principal residence again for at least 14 days before coming back to the campground.
- It is understood that these rules in place make it convenient and sometimes difficult, but they are set out under the Stay-At-Home Order under “Multiple Residences” and campgrounds would fall under this rule.
- Once the Stay-At-Home Order is lifted in our region, then they would be able to freely move between residences without these restrictions.
- Please known that the Stay-At-Home Order will be in place until June 2nd, 2021, and then an assessment will be made to determine whether it can be lifted.
- All of our public health inspectors communicate with their campgrounds in their area of inspections so other campgrounds that wish to open for the seasonal will also be following the same rules as mentioned.
This full document is to be read and reviewed and submitted, prior to re-entry to the park and re-activation of any Gate Cards. There are two sections to sign. Please review and sign the documents and either drop it off at the Office or email it back to us.
Gate Cards will be activated after we have received a fully signed copy.